Thursday, July 29, 2010

So this Friday is my one year anniversary with my boyfriend. Although that is important to me, this day is significant to me for more reasons than just that.

At this time last year I had just moved to Australia and was having a hard time breaking away from my shy tendencies and meeting new people. After a considerable amount of pumping myself up for confidence, I introduced myself to my neighbors who in turn introduced me to their friends. From this one incident stemmed my entire Australian experience. Now the people who I was so afraid to meet are the people I see every day and share all of my most memorable experiences with. At that time they changed my life and they have come to change my future.

It is hard for me to imagine what my exchange experience would have even been like had I not known these people. They are in all of my pictures and memories. In fact, I am not even sure I would have made the decision to stay here if they weren't in my life.

So tomorrow is the day I get to celebrate having spent an entire year with my best friend. As I am, I couldn't be happier and I hope the same for all of you.

3 comments: