Hey readers,
So we are currently in week 5 of term 2 and that means that next week is break! woo-hoo! Personally I will be using this opportunity to catch up on some homework and get some extra hours in at work. However this coming week is the perfect opportunity for you to get out of your current city and get to see a little more of the country.
Last year four other exchange students and myself took a trip to Sydney for a week. I decided to go like two days before we left but we had an absolute blast! Instead of staying in hotels I would recommend staying in backpackers. These are great places to meet people who are also travelling in Australia which means you are going to find a lot of people who have something in common with you! Also, we stayed at the Great Aussie Backpackers and they gave us a booklet full of coupons to spend on everything from food to skydiving. That really helped us so we could save money for more important things...
If you don't have the time or money to go too far away, remember that Yeppoon and Great Keppel Island are only a bus ride away. I recently went camping at Agnes Waters which is also really close. It is one of the only beaches that has surf-able waves and I noticed that you can sign up for lessons.
There are still museums and things to see around Rockhampton as well so there is no reason why anyone should have to spend their break totally bored.
Wishing you all the best,
Mallory
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment