Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer Festivals

This week I have been booking my camping on Stradbroke Island for the Island Vibes Festival this year. I can not reccommend attending a music festival during your stay enough. Hands down, no questions asked, Island Vibes was one of the best weekends of my entire life. There are many festivals spread out all over the country, some of the most popular are :

Sound Wave
Big Day Out
Woodford
Meredith

However I know that Yepoon is having a cultural festival in September and lots of towns have similar ones. Island Vibes is the only one that I have attended so far. Its held over the last weekend in October on Stradbroke Island which is an absolutely beautiful spot. We camped right next to the beach and went swimming every morning and spent all night listening to amazing live bands. Most of the music is Reggae/Islander so it makes for a really calm atmosphere and the people that I met were very friendly, i dont recall seeing a single fight. Even if you cant make it to a music festival, John Butler Trio and Blue King Brown are playing in Rockhampton soon as well as Agnes and Julia Stone. Make a night of it and go have some fun!

1 comment:

  1. A girl of my own heart...
    Straddie is one of my favourite places in the world. Where else can you sit on a perfect beach and see dolphins in the water and a wallaby on the beach at the same time (that actually happened once when i was there!)
    I haven't made it to the Island vibes festival, but I've really wanted to.
    I would add to that list Byron Bay Blues Fest. It's an unreal experience too.
    Glad you're getting out and about!

    ReplyDelete