Ta-da! Congratulations everyone, we have completed week 12. For those who are in the same lucky boat as me, no finals for us! I am now free to spend my time as I please, when I am not working. I hope that everyone had a successful term and a successful year. I apologise for not posting this yesterday as I should have, but I was stuck in the computer lab finishing up my last assignment before I had to go to work. So what kind of tips can I give for surviving the summer?
1)wear SPF 30+ (for anyone who is new to the australian summer, the sun is VERY intense here and it is easy to get a sunburn)
2)stay hydrated. Summer is a time to have fun, but a little too much fun in the sun can lead to getting very sick
3) invest in a fan
4) travel! find some summer deals and take a trip, there are lots of other countries too that are close by
5) do something new! last year I went skydiving for the first time. it was amazing
6) make some new friends. i shouldn't have to explain the significance of that.
7) if stressful times have gotten the best of you like they did me, and you aren't quite ready for the beach, then I would recommend Jetts gym. Its about 25 dollars a fortnight, its open 24 hours, and its located in Stockland so you can take the bus if you don't have a car!
So yeah, thank you everyone who read and commented on my blog this term. It was my first time doing something like this but it was a good experience. Thank you again to CQU and the ladies in the international offices that help me with all my problems and always with a smile. To any potential exchange students, go out there and achieve your dreams! I am looking forward to what experiences and trials that the summer will hold and I wish the best to all of you!
-Mallory
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment